Then, over the weekend, I saw Trista post about her 20 Questions link up, and just thought I’d put both ideas together for one post.
Monthly Musings: Summer Kick Off
Lake or Beach?
I’m definitely a beach person, but I certainly love the lake too. I grew up going to The Lake of the Ozarks, and we sometimes are able to live the lake life in Kentucky every once in a while.
That being said, there’s nothing like an ocean view or a beach sunset. So, if I had to choose, I’d say I’m a beach person.
Ice Tea or Lemonade?
I don’t drink either very often, so it’s probably a tie. Both beverages are very refreshing.
Favorite Summer Vacation Memory:
Well, I just love a vacation with my family. Thankfully, as the years have gone on, going on a vacation with the kids actually now feels like a vacation 😉 Anyway, the first thing that popped into my mind was last year’s vacation to Siesta Key because Hadley and I went the first few days just the two of us. Hayden had baseball games, so he and Travis arrived a few days later. Of course, we were happy when the guys arrived, but it was just a nice couple of days with Hadley that I hadn’t planned on when we planned the trip.
Favorite Summer Destination:
Siesta Key, Florida is typically our “go to” spot.
But….we also love South Carolina. Last time we went was fall break 2018, but we usually get to SC every couple of years.
Go To Favorite Summer Fashion Item:
Honestly, if I’m at home, I’m in comfy clothes. That being said, I do like easy, flowy dresses in the summer. I love these two Target dresses…
and I have three different colors of this Amazon dress…
Have You Ever Been Water Skiing or Jet Skiing?
I have done both, but it’s been a long time!
Favorite Summer Movie:
Dirty Dancing and Parent Trap were the first movies to pop in my mind! The Parent Trap is my favorite movie of all time. Also, a few years ago, we went to Lake Lure in NC and saw where some of Dirty Dancing was filmed.
Goonies, Grease and Sandlot also remind me of summer.
Song That Makes You Think of Summer:
I’m the worst at knowing songs and who sings what but…School’s Out for the Summer is always played on the last day of school 😉 and then Summertime (DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince) always reminds me of middle school and high school.
Lately, on Instagram Stories, Sunshine and Summertime (Faith Hill), Summertime (Kenny Chesney) pop up as good summer song choices.
Best 4th of July Story:
I don’t have a specific story, but…
I’ve always loved the 4th of July. I remember as a kid spending time with extended family, grilling out, and watching fireworks.
I always wanted to get engaged or get married on the 4th. I thought it would be fun to have sparklers and a few fireworks at the reception. I don’t think I ever told Travis this plan…as we got engaged in May 2004. 😉
We are definitely fireworks on the 4th type of people. I love a good fireworks display and we have a great tradition of where we watch fireworks in Lexington.
with The Classy Chaos
- 1. Introvert or extrovert? Introvert …for sure…
- 2. Favorite movie? The Parent Trap (1961)
- 3. Arrive early or late? Arrive a few minutes late…but not too late
- 4. Last book you read? The Simple Wild
- 5. Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving (followed by the 4th of July)
- 6. Pet peeve? Slurping
- 7. Food you refuse to eat? Mayo!!!!!
- 8. Favorite fast food chain? Chick-fil-A
- 9. How do you keep fit? Well—“keep fit” is misleading 😉 I’m forever a work in progress but I like going for walks, Pilates, full body weight workouts, and HIIT workouts
- 10. Morning person or night owl? Well, I’d say morning person…but I’m a morning person in the sense that I like 45 minutes of silence and not talking to anyone while I sip my coffee.
- 11. Favorite drink? Coffee (wine and diet coke are close runner ups)
- 12. Irrational fear? Falling (I hate heights)
- 13. Go to snack? Cheezits
- 14. Strongest sense? Hearing. My students (and my kids) are always amazed at what I can hear from across the room.
- 15. Fictional place you’d like to visit? This one stumped me…I’m not sure.
- 16. Kindle or actual book? Actual book (but Kindle sure does come in handy!)
- 17. Last movie you went to see? I honestly think it was Frozen II with Hadley back in December?
- 18. Favorite season? Autumn!!
- 19. Beach or mountains? I really want to say a tie! Beach in the summer, mountains in fall.
- 20. Favorite cereal? Lucky Charms
Whoa! If you made it to the end of this post, you learned a lot about me 😉
Thanks so much for reading!