How was your weekend? We spent some of our weekend in Knoxville because Hayden ran in the AAU National Championship race. Then, we spent Sunday doing all the things like church, grocery pick up, shopped for Angel Tree gifts, chores around the house, and then watched the Chiefs game.
Anyway, I know that many Instagrammers and bloggers share gift guides this time of the year which can be both helpful and and sometimes overwhelming.
In my own little twist on “gift guides,” I’m sharing Enneagram gift guides because I love the ones that @ashton.creates shares on her page.
Again, I don’t live or die by Enneagrams, but I do think it’s interesting. I’m a 5w6 and here are the gift guides for both of those:
- Camera: Well, I haven’t owned a camera in ages thanks to my iPhone, but I do love taking pictures.
- Candle: Yes! I love candles. I used to pretty much only buy my candles at Bath and Body Works, but this past year, I’ve ordered quite a few from Antique Candle Co., and I’ve loved them all.
- New mug: I love coffee mugs. While I switch them up season to season, I pretty much stick with my fave most mornings.
- Weighted blanket: I cannot live without my weighted blanket. I’ve had one for a couple of years, and it’s hard to sleep without it!
- Membership: Memberships are a great idea. We always gift Netflix to my dad every year.
- Letter board: Crafty things are so fun.
- Slippers: I have a couple of pairs of favorites slippers, but these are my fave.
Another favorite Instagram account I follow is @the.enneagram.mom. Her gift guides are fun too!
- Blue light blocker glasses: When we were online for school, I snagged a few pairs of glasses; they were fun to wear.
- Collectors book set: I always ask for a couple of books every year. Since I rarely buy books, I usually keep a list on Amazon that I share with family as gift ideas for me.
- Comfy sweaters: Yes to a sweater! The best part about winter is sweater weather. This is my favorite Amazon sweater (I have it in three colors), and this one is a recent purchase that I love.
- Book marks: I love a good book mark!
- Add to their coffee station: K-cups in my stocking, please.
- Home thermostat: This is a practical idea.
- Reading chair: I dream of having a big enough bedroom one day to have a reading corner.
- Comfy sweaters: See above!
- Personalized jewelry: Etsy always has so many cute options. I’ve gifted and received so many good and thoughtful pieces through the years.
- Cute storage: Organizing is always a great idea!
- Water bottle: Besides a water bottle (which we don’t need ANY more!), I love personalized tumblers and skinny can coolers.
- New vacuum: This I do not need 🙂
- Home security: Again, practical!
- Purse organization: see “cute storage” above
What’s on your “wish list” this year? If you know your Enneagram number, you should check out their posts!
Teens (and others!)
Now, these aren’t Earth shattering ideas, but I never shared what I got the kids for their birthday.
I try to do “want, need, wear, read” to keep it a somewhat simple shopping list.
I hope they’ll let me buy them Christmas pjs until they are 18. I don’t buy the cute little kid ones anymore, but bottom line is in the winter months, they need warmer pjs…so why not buy for birthday?
Hayden prefers the jogger style for sweatpants and pajama pants, so I turned to Old Navy to get both of their pjs. Both of my kids now fit in adults sizes (what the what?!), so that’s what they got. Travis ordered this set of football cards for Hayden, and he was excited.
We also got Hayden a Nike UK hooded sweatshirt, jogger sweatpants, and basketball shorts.
I wanted to get Hadley something special for her 13th birthday, and picked out the Elisa pendant necklace at Kendra Scott. I wasn’t sure what stone she’d want, and I ended up choosing her birthstone.
Honestly, I feel more behind than ever on my shopping. As the kids have gotten older, they understand that money and gift cards go a long way, but of course, I want to pick up them up other things as well. In some ways it was easier when they loved Legos and Barbies!
I’d love to hear any ideas you have for my teens! Bonus points if I can order on Amazon. haha
I hope you have a great start to your week.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links…Thank you for supporting my blog!}