Hello and Happy Thursday!
Today, I’m continuing with my blog challenge and covering topics #14 and #15.
14. What is in my handbag?
When I saw this one, I thought it sounded familiar….and realized it’s because that’s also one of our Not Just a Mom topics…but not until August! I carry different purses different times of the year, so that will be fun to look back on this post and compare.
Anyway, I have three purses that I tend to carry this time of the year. My big purse that holds all the things, a crossbody if I don’t need to carry as much, and then my belt bag if I’m really try to be more minimal with what I carry.
In my Barrington tote, I have:
- my wallet which holds cards and money (of course)
- two smaller bags
The two smaller bags (which I’ve had forever):
- White/pink bag: hair ties, lip gloss, Airpods, toothbrush, a few gift cards
- Multicolored bag: hand sanitizer, medicine, wet wipes, cloth to clean sunglasses, and a few other odds and ends
Also in my purse I have…
- Two pairs of sunglasses (the smaller black pair, I tend to wear if I’m wearing a hat)
- My Invisalign compact (pink) + light up compact mirror (light blue), rubber bands
- Hand lotion
- Hair brush
- A pair of socks — this is more of a winter thing, but if I’m wearing boots, sometimes I want socks and sometimes I don’t.
Last but not least…
- my Kindle! I never leave home without it.
The other purses…
- I love the cross body with the interchangeable strap. I tend to carry this one April -September before switching over to my larger bag for fall/winter months. This bucket bag holds quite a bit, and I use it some on the weekends when I can just pull out what I need from my bigger bag. I feel like I carry less in the warmer months, and maybe that’s because I’m also home more in the summer and don’t need to have everything on me all of the time.
- For example, this weekend, when we were out of town for Hadley’s competition, I left my big purse at home, and just put what I needed (the essentials) in my cross body. It holds quite a bit…and that weekend, I even threw in some snacks for Hadley as well as a few extras like some things she needed for dance.
- The belt bag is perfect for if I go for a walk or a sporting event. I do laugh every time I see it because there’s a small stain on it from a drop of guacamole that missed my mouth in Mexico this summer. I’ve tried to rub it out, and it just seems to stay. It’s probably not noticeable to others, but I notice it!
- If we are going somewhere “nicer,” and I want a smaller bag, I have a few clutches or even a small black Kendra Scott crossbody that I will use the most.
15. Timeline of my day:
Well, I’ve done quite a few “Day in the Life” posts, so I will keep this answer pretty simple:
- 6:00 wake up
- Quiet time with coffee, blogs, news until 6:45
- Get ready and make lunch
- Wake kids ay 7:15 (and help with whatever they need)
- Leave for school 7:45.
- School from 8:00-3:30 (sometimes 4 or 4:30)
- Pick up kids from school at 4:00 (if they don’t have after school activities)
- After school activities: practices, games, dance, errands (if needed)
- If there aren’t many activities, I try to workout 3 days a week.
- 6:00 start dinner
- Work on blog post while dinner cooks
- 6:30-7:30 dinner (varies day to day)
- After dinner, kids do homework, sometimes we have pick up from activities
- 8:00 shower and skincare
- 8:30-10:00 watch tv, relax if there’s time to do so
- 10:00 bedtime and read for a bit
**Of course, every evening is different. There are times we don’t even get home until 7:30, eat dinner, help with schoolwork, etc. I do the best I can to cook Sunday-Thursday (with leftovers once or twice during the week). The slow cooker is a life saver at this point in my life. Thankfully, the kids are pretty self-sufficient, and help around the house. I do feel like I’m constantly playing “catch-up” on the weekends. So, when we have a busy weekend last last weekend, I often feel “thrown off” during the week trying to get caught up. Oh well, I always say “blessed to be busy!”
This month, for Not Just a Mom, we are sharing Day in the Life: Weekend Edition on March 13th.
When I started this “blog challenge,” I wasn’t sure how many posts I’d have to cover it…and I still don’t know! 😆 These topics have been fun to think about though.