Posted in Weekend Top 5

Hello Monday

Hello {Monday!} How was your weekend? I’m telling you…it was either 0 or 100 around here these past few days.

I’m linking up with Holly and Sarah to recap my weekend for Hello Monday!

Let me take you back to Friday…

When I tell you that Friday was crazy busy, it was so busy that it was basically planned hour by hour (sometimes by the minutes!)

Months ago, a friend let us know about a surprise party she was planning for her husband with an afternoon at Keeneland, dinner, and then drinks at a favorite bar. Well, I knew Hayden would probably have track meet in the evening and that Hadley had a dance competition that weekend, but I figured we’d at least be good for the afternoon at Keeneland, but the dance competition threw a wrench in those plans. (more on that in a minute)

I will say that I can’t complain because Friday started with a day off for me.

Once the kids were at school, Travis and I tried out a new place in town for brunch. Biscuit Belly was so good!

Dance competitions start on Fridays, but Hadley has always danced on Saturday or Sunday. Well, her small group was scheduled to dance at 5:25 on Friday…in Louisville!

I almost skipped Keeneland, but we had friends coming in from out of town who we rarely see. So, I decided to go to Keeneland for a bit before getting Hadley from school.

The weather was great, and I got about an hour and a half at the track, and was able to see a few friends from near and far.

Then, I picked up Hadley from school, came home to change and get her dance stuff. We stopped at Chick-fil-A because I wasn’t sure when she would get to eat! We hustled as fast as we could out of town and arrived about 40 minutes before her first group performance. I was a little stressed until we were on the highway, and I knew traffic would be ok.

Meanwhile, back at Keeneland… Travis was on a Zoom call from a kindergarten class in California! I told you…he never stops working 😉 One of his client’s kids had to do a presentation about Kentucky, and Travis reported live from the track, and let them watch the 6th race. How fun is that?

Hadley’s small group jazz performance did an awesome job. Then, there was about two hours in between the two dances, so the moms and I walked to a local bar/restaurant for a bite to eat.

We made it back in time to see the large musical theater routine, and the entire group knocked it out of the park.

The awards weren’t until later, so I headed back to Lexington to catch up with Travis and our friends while Hadley got a ride home later. {Travis had been with Hayden at his track meet, and I arrived back to Lexington around 10:00 which was when Travis and Hayden were finished with track. (No photos, but Hayden ran six seconds faster in the mile this week. He was really pleased with his performance.)}

Hadley was texting me telling me about the awards they’d won. They scored platinum and platinum plus in their two routines and won other awards like best choreography, a golden ticket, and the large musical theater performance earned first place overall.

She was soooo happy. This competition season has had its ups and downs, and they really did finish strong. I was so happy for her!

12:30 am and still smiling

I was bummed to miss out on the awards ceremony, but it was great to hang with our friends for a couple of hours before I picked Hadley up at 12:15. It was 1:00 before we were all in bed. Shew! What a day!

I slept until 8:30, and had a very slow morning. Hayden slept until 10, and I woke Hadley at 11. I know we all needed the extra rest, but Hadley woke up not feeling well (again). I’m assuming the very busy Friday caught up with her and strep really did knock her out earlier in the week.

Around lunchtime, I ran some errands and then went to the gym for a workout. I usually do my workouts at home, but I do love the elliptical, so I’ve tried to make that my Saturday workout when I can.

I came home and had some lunch. Then, I tidied up the house a bit and took a quick nap. Hadley still wasn’t feeling well and napped off and on all day. Honestly, you know Hadley isn’t 100% if she naps! She’s been that way since she was little…hardly slows down, so when she does, you know she must need some rest.

I actually drove to Richmond (about 30 minutes away) to check out a boutique. They handed me a watermelon mimosa upon arrival, and I wasn’t mad about it! I was looking for a dress for Oaks, but didn’t find anything I loved.

Once I got back to Lexington, I made a grocery list while Hadley napped again. Then, I had time to read for a bit and then shower.

Hadley woke up, and I made her a grilled cheese. It was the first thing she’d eaten all day. We got carryout dinner for the rest of us from Drakes.

I ordered the Teriyaki Chicken Rice bowl, and it hit the spot.

Then, we all watched our “April family movie” #forcedfamilyfun

We chose (the newer) Adventures in Babysitting, and it was cute.

Everyone was in bed around 10!

Travis was up at 4:00 to head to Churchill Downs to watch Epicenter run. (He’s running in the Derby and is connected to Trav’s farm). Thankfully, I didn’t hear Travis get up that early, and I slept until 8. Then, I placed our Kroger Clicklist order, drank coffee and caught up on some of my blog reading.

Then, I caught up on some of my shows for a bit. Travis got home around 10:30, and I woke the kids up a 11! My kids have always been great sleepers, but I know they were extra tired and needed the rest.

We started laundry and then, I had lunch. This is the second Sunday I’ve made myself a “one eyed sailor” (What do you call it? I know there are other names) and had some apples.

Then, I went to Trader Joe’s to pick up produce items, flowers, and a few other things.

I came home and put the clean sheets on the bed, read my book for a bit with the Royals game on in the background. Well, again, I was tired…I only read a few pages before dozing off.

If you can’t tell, I love naps.

Then, I did all the things for dinner including meal prepping a few lunches and cutting up veggies for the week.

We had dinner outside which was so nice.

After dinner, Hadley iced the Trader Joe’s lemon cake that I made.

Then, it was time for the kids to study for their vocab test, I took a shower, and we ended the weekend watching American Idol.

It was such a great weekend.

{Before I go…a random note to my blogger friends…I read most of my blogs on my phone. For some reason, right now, I can’t comment using my Google account…even when I’ve logged off and back on. Then, if I try to comment using my URL, it says “invalid.” That only leaves me with commenting “anonymously,” and I don’t want to do that. So, I’m still reading so many of my favorite blogs…I’m just unable to comment unless I’m on my home computer which is rare. (If you have a Word Press blog, I read and comment on that app no problem) Anyway, I just know how much it means when people comment, so I wanted to let y’all know that I’m still reading them.}

Mondays can be hard, but we only have three left in the school year after today! Happy May!

12 thoughts on “Hello Monday

    1. I’m feeling pretty good this morning but needed the weekend to recover from Friday. Haha (& your blog is one I read…& am having trouble commenting 😩 love reading about your girls, remi and all your fun adventures)


  1. You just made me tired reading this! Whew! I hate when tech changes on me. That is so silly that you can’t comment anymore. Is it possibly that you are signed in to your school account? Just an idea. What bar did you hit on Friday night? We both had the same idea to go to TJ’s yesterday. I tried the watermelon mimosa and added lemonade. It has great potential and now I want to try a watermelon margarita with the juice I bought.
    Isn’t Epicenter the favorite? I don’t keep track much but a friend of mine posted something about going to the track for the early morning runs and I think I remember that name. You know that the locals now all go to Thurby? My next door teacher is going and had to get a personal day a long time ago to be able to take off! I really think Lex schools should get Friday because horses! You know? I hope you find a dress!


    1. I check and I’m connected to Gmail…ugh I’m not sure. It’s now on my summer list to figure out 😂 This competition was supposed to be in Knoxville but when it got moved to Louisville, I was going to tell you! but then the time frame was crazy. CC Low carb kitchen? The other moms found it and I walked to meet them. I will have to remember watermelon mimosa for summer! Yes epicenter is a the favorite I think. His dad is Not This Time a stallion at Trav’s farm. (I always say Trav’s farm …like he owns it. He doesn’t 😂😂) I agree! We should get Friday off! Travis goes to thurby with friends…as oaks and derby have turned into more workdays for him rather than fun. There was a JCP in Richmond that I popped into…kind of random. Found a dress I like and have one coming from Nordstrom today. Hopefully one of them will end up being the “winner.” Now I need it not to rain!


  2. I love naps too! Especially while watching baseball.
    I think I call that egg bread thing “toad in the hole”. I haven’t made it for awhile, but I’ve been influenced now 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

  3. I grew up on your “one-eyed sailor” but my mom called it “egg-in-a-nest”. I loved the little cutout circles with a bit of jelly.

    Liked by 1 person

  4. Oh my goodness; what a busy weekend!! Congrats to your daughter on her competition. Glad she just needed a bit of extra rest before she was feeling better again.


  5. Whoa! What a Friday! Thank goodness you had a yummy breakfast to start and time to nap on Saturday and Sunday. Congratulations to Hayden on that PR and Hadley on her dance success!! Hope she’s back to 100% soon! I can’t believe you only have 3 more Mondays. That’s fabulous!

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s