Today, I’m taking a look back at my blog for 2021.
Blogging is just a hobby for me. It’s something I do for myself. When I started this blog in August of 2019, I didn’t know what to expect. Along the way, I’ve “met” so many new people, and I appreciate all the love and support from my readers.
I feel like I’ve found a groove with blogging. I like sitting down each month and planning my posts with pencil/paper. I always write down the link ups, and then fill in the blanks for other days with my monthly posts like Monday Memes and What I’ve Been Reading. I enjoy coming up with my own topics, but I also love writing on the same topic as others but with my own thoughts to share.
When I started out, I blogged three days a week. During Covid, I had a bit more time, and was blogging five days a week most weeks. This school year, I definitely needed to slow down a bit, but I didn’t want to give up on writing. So, four days a week tends to be an achievable goal for me.
This year, I’ve “stretched” myself a bit, and I’ve enjoyed being a part of the Not Just a Mom link up and becoming an Amazon Associate. Thank you so much for your support!
It’s definitely not about the numbers for me. I joked when I first started the blog that I figured it may just be my mom who reads it! That being said, I find it interesting to see how things have progressed throughout the years. From the number of posts I write, to views, and interest in certain posts, I just think it’s neat to look at occasionally.
As of yesterday…
- I wrote 197 posts (with a few more planned before the year ends)
- 61, 478 views in 2021a
- 18, 516 visitors in 2021
- September 2021 has the highest viewership with 5.8k views.
I realize some bloggers get that many views in a week (or a day!), but it’s just fun to see the growth from year to year. Last year, I had 41,000 views from 16,000 visitors.
It still blows my mind that people read, comment, and/or “like” my posts. haha
My most read categories are:
- Friday Favorites
- Let’s Look
I appreciate all who read my posts, but the following are my top commenters.
I think it’s so interesting that they have blogs of their own!
- Amy (Coffee and Cocktails at the Casa)
- Holly (Pink Lady)
- Sarah (Sunshine and Books)
- Joanne (My Slices of Life)
- Lauren (Don’t Mind Our Mess)
You should definitely check out their blogs too if you aren’t already doing so.
Top 10 posts:
My favorite posts I’ve written this year…
- Thursday Thoughts: One Year of the Pandemic (March 11, 2021)
- Not Just a Mom: Favorite Family Memories (April 12, 2021)
- Lexington Top 5 (May 13, 2021)
- Tuesday Talk: Reflecting on the Elementary Years (May 18, 2021)
- So Much to Celebrate (May 20, 2021)
- Isle of Palms Recap (July 8, 2021)
- California Recap (August 16, 2021)
- Girl Scouts Wrap Up (September 16, 2021)
- Tuesday Teacher Talk (October 26, 2021)
- The Twins Turn 12 (November 19, 2021) (and Birthday Recap)
I’m a pretty reflective person, and I just like to take a few moments to look back on the posts and stats from the year. As I continue to grow as a blogger, I’d love to know what topics you are interested in reading about, and I can try to to plan accordingly. So…feel free to let me know!
As always, thanks so much reading. I truly appreciate this special community!
See you back here tomorrow for one more post this week.