Honestly, this week was a huge adjustment as it was our first week of virtual learning along with me working from home. First and foremost, HIGH FIVE to all the educators out there busting it to make school as easy, seamless, and meaningful for their students (and the students’ parents!) as it has been. I have been BLOWN AWAY with all that my kids’ teachers have done. The best thing is the daily 10:00 Google Meet class meeting. I know my kids love seeing their teachers and their classmates.
Also, HIGH FIVE to all the parents out there working AND helping their kids with their school work. I’m a teacher, and this has been a MAJOR learning curve for myself as a high school educator as well as now a teacher to two 4th graders! We will get through this, but I’m certainly looking forward to a nap later today followed by a glass of wine! 😉
For this edition of Friday Favorites, I decided to ask the kids some of their favorites. The age of 10 has been a fun one. They still need me but are also pretty independent. Needless to say, we’ve had lots of time together recently, and I thought this would be a great time (and a great age) to take note of some of their Favorite Things…
- Favorite color: blue
- Favorite book: The Hatchet
- Favorite TV show: Garfield
- Favorite food: bacon
- Favorite game: Madden 20
- Favorite animal: dog (specifically the Homster!)
- Favorite outfit: shorts and a t-shirt
- Favorite subject at school: Social Studies
- Favorite sport: basketball
- Favorite breakfast food: Oatmeal and Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Favorite holiday: Easter
- Favorite vacation: Grand Canyon and Dodgers game in LA
Other Questions and Answers:
- What do you want to be when you grow up? basketball player
- What’s one thing you’ve learned at school this year? measurements in math
- Name one thing you do really well. Sports and reading
- Describe your best day ever. Saturdays because I can chill.
- If I could choose a different name, I would choose…Cooper (Fun Fact: He was almost named Cooper)
- When I’m with my family, I like to…watch TV shows and laugh with them.
- What’s one thing you like about your sister…She’s fast.
- Favorite color: teal
- Favorite book: Mother Daughter Book Club Series
- Favorite TV show: Alexa and Katie series
- Favorite food: tacos
- Favorite game: Diary of Wimpy Kid 10 Second Challenge
- Favorite animal: monkey
- Favorite outfit: athletic shorts and tank top
- Favorite subject at school: Spelling
- Favorite sport: Dance and Cross Country
- Favorite breakfast food: Waffle with Nutella
- Favorite holiday: Christmas
- Favorite vacation: Los Angeles
Other Questions and Answers:
- What do you want to be when you grow up? An elementary school teacher
- What’s one thing you’ve learned at school this year? How to do long division
- Name one thing you do really well. Being sassy
- Describe your best day ever. Going to Disney World
- If I could choose a different name, I would choose…Mackenzie or Addison (Fun fact: She was almost named Addison)
- When I’m with my family, I like to…go on bike rides or have a game night
- What’s one thing you like about your brother…nothing really, but he can be sweet when he’s not awkward.
Even if they fight too much and some days drive me crazy, I know I’m blessed beyond measure with these TWO! And, Happy National Sibling Day to them as well.
Thanks for letting me share some favorites of my two favorites.
Have a great weekend and a wonderful Easter.