Hello! Happy Monday. I hope you had a great weekend as well as a great Easter. Of course, our Easter looked pretty different this year, but we made the most of a gorgeous Saturday for an egg hunt in our front yard followed by dyeing eggs and decorating cookies. Yesterday, we a day spent in pjs watching our church service online, calling family to say “Happy Easter,” and spending time relaxing most of the day.
Although the weather is supposed to be cooler here in Lexington this week, we have been grilling out quite a bit. I don’t typically love chicken on the grill, but if we do grill chicken, we either slather it with BBQ sauce or use this marinade. I made this last weekend and remembered what a family favorite it is.
- Chicken breasts (or tenders)
- 6 gloves of garlic, minced
- Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 c. Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- If I use chicken breasts, I cut them into smaller pieces, almost the size of tenders.
- In a bowl, put minced garlic, zest and juice of one lemon, chopped parsley leaves, salt, pepper, mustard, olive oil and then mix into a paste.
- Put chicken in the paste, mix together, and then refrigerate until ready to grill.
A perfect side dish with this chicken is one of my favorite orzo dishes that I found on Pinterest years ago. Even my kids love it!
- 1 c. uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tblsp. chopped, fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tblsp. milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions until just tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 3-5 minutes. Stir cooked orzo into butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Gradually add milk, if needed, to reach desired consistency. Stir in parsley and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you have a great week! I’m about to wake up two kids for week two of virtual/distance learning ! Wish us luck!
Thanks for reading, and happy cooking!
2 thoughts on “Monday Meals: Chicken Marinade & Orzo”
Mmm that looks really good. I’m glad to have found someone else who doesn’t like chicken cooked on a grill.
That looks great! I want to use orzo more! I love chicken!
LikeLiked by 1 person