Hello! Well, we made it! Today, is the…
and the last lunch of the year is packed 😅
This year really did go by so quickly! Maybe it was because it was a “normal” year after a year and a half of non-traditional instruction. The kids really did have a great first year of middle school.
I tweaked the questions that I’ve asked them in the past in order to include a few specific middle school questions.
- What was the best part of this year? Meeting new people
- Who was your favorite teacher? my Language Arts and PE teachers
- What was your favorite thing to learn about this year? In Health, we learned about fitness.
- What was your favorite class? PE
- What is something hard you did? Math
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Undecided
- What was something fun that you did at school this year? Going outside during class
- What is one word you would use to describe this school year? Chaotic
- What was your favorite school activity and why? Being with my teammates in basketball and track
- What is one thing you enjoy about middle school? Having more freedom
- I’m proud of you because you persevered through obstacles and never gave up.
- One of my favorite memories of you this year was: watching you run.
- It’s been fun to watch you: grow as a learner and as an athlete.
- Three things I love about you: your tenacity, your inquisitiveness, and your quiet leadership abilities.
- You strengthened our family by: becoming more responsible and taking ownership in your learning and training.
- What was the best part of this year? Meeting new friends and walking to classes with friends.
- Who was your favorite teacher? my math teacher
- What was your favorite thing to learn about this year? budgeting basics in Tech Ed
- What was your favorite class? Math
- What is something hard you did? Writing two essays for Language Arts at once.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? An elementary teacher
- What was something fun that you did at school this year? Sometimes we’d have free time in class to play games or talk with friends.
- What is one word you would use to describe this school year? A learning experience (more than one word…but relatable ;))
- What was your favorite school activity and why? Ice cream party for track because our hard work paid off.
- What is one thing you enjoy about middle school? Having eight different teachers during the day.
- I’m proud of you because…you stayed true to yourself but also blossomed in a new school environment.
- One of my favorite memories of you this year was: watching you dance and run.
- It’s been fun to watch you: make new friends and keep your elementary friendships too.
- Three things I love about you: your generosity, your inclusiveness, and your desire to try new things
- You strengthened our family by: being happy, silly, and sweet.
This first year of middle school flew by! I was probably more nervous about the transition to middle school than they were. Overall, I’m proud of their academic effort as well as their willingness to spread their wings in a new school. They’ve met some great friends, continued to grow friendships, were active in clubs and sports, and took on more responsibilities at school and at home.
*As this school year wraps up, and I write this post about my kids’ year, I can’t help but think of the horrific events that unfolded at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas yesterday. I’m absolutely heartbroken for that community and my prayers are for those who lost loved ones in this senseless act of violence.
I’m hugging my kids extra tight.
4 thoughts on “End of the School Year Interview: 6th Grade”
It’s heartbreaking – I didn’t hear about it until after I scheduled my post but I need to include something tomorrow.
I wonder if Hayden will go into sports medicine or a field related to health. Hadley will make a wonderful elementary teacher from what you’ve described. The middle school years are so fun. They weren’t like so many had warned me!
LikeLiked by 1 person
So sad. I’m ready to just be home with my kids. I do think hayden may do something sports related. He loves stats! Hadley has consistently said she wants to be an elementary teacher, and I bet that’s what she does 🙂 what are your boys majoring in?
Hmm, I have some croutons in the cupboard, good lunchbox idea!! Hahah. Glad your kids had a successful year.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haha! Thankfully hadley eats the same thing every day