Hello! Well, since January 1st, I can honestly say that I’ve done a much better job about meal planning and meal prepping. One thing I struggle with is packing my lunch. I don’t know why, but that always feels like such a tedious task for me!
I have a few recent lunch faves that I’m sharing with you today!
I’ve gotten out of the habit of eating sweet potatoes, and I’d forgotten how much I love them. Here’s a quick lunch I love:
- Microwave the sweet potato.
- Sprinkle Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning on it.
- Add chicken (I use Perdue shortcut chicken bites)
- I add a pinch of shredded (Monterey Jack) cheese.
- A dollop of salsa
This may seem like a random combination, but I love it.
- 2 cups of arugula
- Sprinkle some Feta cheese on top
- Add a scrambled egg
- Top with salsa
Stir Fry Bowl:
What I love the most about this dish is that it’s a great way to use up any veggies I have on hand.
- Sauté’ some shrimp in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and I use Trader Joe’s Chile Lime seasoning.
- After those are cooked, I remove them from the pan and scramble three eggs.
- Then, I remove those from the pan and sauté whatever veggies I have and add a few sprinkles of garlic powder and a couple of dashes of soy sauce. I usually do zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and broccoli (if I have it). Then, I add it some shredded carrot when everything is pretty much cooked through.
- While the veggies are cooking, I put the cauliflower rice in the microwave.
- When the rice is finished, I add it into the pan, and I also add the shrimp and eggs back in.
- I stir everything together, and it’s ready to eat.
By using one bag of microwave cauliflower, I can get three lunches out of this stir fry which is why I scramble three eggs.
This is my most “time intensive” meal, but like I said, I get three lunches out of it and can use up what ever veggies I have in the fridge.
Sometimes, I end up bringing some fruit, a protein shake, and some pretzels or popcorn as my lunch.
I’ve found if I can have a rotation of a few lunch ideas, I can get through a month at a time without thinking that packing a lunch is much of a chore!
One more idea:
Since we had a snow day on Tuesday, I was home for lunch. That gave me a bit more time to eat, so I prepared another fave:
- I just cooked the shrimp like I do for the stir fry bowls.
- I put the shrimp in the Trader Joe’s Carb Savvy whole wheat tortillas, top the shrimp with shredded lettuce or cabbage and a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
What about you? What are some of your favorite quick and healthy lunches? I’d love to add to my recipe rotation!
See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites.