Hello! Well, we survived the first day back to school in 2022. Once I got over the shock of my alarm going off in the 6’s, it was good to get up and back into a routine.
I feel like I haven’t written a Currently post in forever, so today I’m linking up with Anne for her monthly post.
The first thing that came to mind was just anticipating a fresh start to the new year. January always provides a much needed reset for all the things: mind, body, spirit, schedule, diet, bank account and more.
My life. The house. and More 😂 Just getting back into a routine, getting appointments and activities written on the calendar, planning meals and just organizing life is something that takes some time once we start the new year.
I’ve mentioned before that I decorated for Christmas kind of late…which apparently means that I take down the decorations later! haha My house was kind of a mess leading up to the end of break, but I think most everything is now put away. That being said, I haven’t put all my regular decor back out because I feel like the house needs a minute to breathe.
I finished Katie Couric’s book on Monday. It’s pretty long but with tons of short chapters which made it a quick read. I found it to be really interesting.
I started The Royals Next Door on my Kindle over the weekend, and I think I’m going to like it. It has a very Meghan/Harry come to America vibe.
to clean(er) eating, drinking more water, and working out at least four days a week. While I don’t feel like the wheels totally fell off the bus between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, it’s time to get focused again.
Here are my January goals:
**January 14th is my birthday, so I assume I may consume a piece of cake that day! Just trying to be realistic 😉
all the things. Appointments, practices, grocery pick up, workouts, to do lists and more.
- I need to schedule an eye exam for myself and Hadley, and the kids have ortho and dental cleaning appointments on the books already.
- Hayden has a new basketball schedule and Hadley’s school dance practices have shifted, so I just need to get used to those times.
- I want to start picking up groceries on Saturday instead of Sunday to make weekly meal prep easier.
- When I’m in a good groove, I don’t need to do it, but I’m even scheduling my day to include workouts on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Lastly, some weeks are so hectic, I need to schedule in errands and other things I need to do.
What about you? What are you anticipating, organizing, reading, resolving, and scheduling?
See you back here later this week for the first Friday Favorites of 2022.