Hello and Happy Monday! How was your weekend? We had a great but busy one mostly filled with celebrating Hayden and Hadley turning 12. More about that tomorrow!
Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes: Turkey Rice Soup.
We’ve been making this for years. It’s actually a recipe that we got from my high school boyfriend’s dad way back in 1997! It’s the perfect way to use up some leftover turkey the day after Thanksgiving!
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 4 cans of water
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 1-2 c. shredded carrots
- 2 c. uncooked rice + a little bit more
- leftover shredded turkey
- Creole spice (I usually use the Tony Chachere brand)
- Saute’ the chopped onions in some oil until soft.
- Add in soups + cans of water and heat for a few minutes.
- Add in the turkey and shredded carrots. Stir to combine.
- Pour in 2 cups of rice, and I add in a little bit more rice.
- Top the ingredients with Creole spice plus a bit more. Stir.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes.
We make this soup every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I also make it a few other times in the winter and use shredded chicken.
If you make this, tag me on Instagram!
I can’t tell you how much this day off is needed. I was a big slacker this weekend on household chores and errands.
I hope you have a great week.