Hello and Happy Monday! Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes: chicken chili. A friend shared this recipe years ago, and it’s the only chicken chili I make. While my kids also love the Major’s chili, this one is a family favorite too.
- 2 Tblsp butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (sometimes I leave this out…I’m not a fan of spicy)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tblsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce (plus a dash more)
- 2 Tblsp Dijon mustard
- 1 can diced tomato (do not drain)
- 12 oz bottle chili sauce
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
chopped avocado, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, sour cream
- In the bottom of your soup pot drizzle EVOO or let butter melt. Then, saute onion, green pepper, jalapeno, and garlic until soft. (5-8 minutes)
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, tomatoes, chili sauce, and black beans. Mix well.
- Add chicken broth and mix well.
- Shred chicken into soup mixture.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes. (I usually let it simmer 45 minutes- 1 hour)
- Enjoy with toppings!
We still have pretty mild temps this week, but once the weather turns colder, this chili is definitely in our dinner rotation!
I hope you have a great week!