Hello and Happy Monday!
I’m always looking for recipes that make enough for dinner for two nights. A bonus factor is if I can use my slow cooker to help have dinner ready whenever we are.
I made this Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken last week for my family, and it’s a recipe I’ve had for years. I’ve seen versions of it and have even tweaked what I add through the years.
This recipe is served over rice, but it’s also a great low carb option over cauliflower rice or even just on its own with lettuce, cheese and salsa as toppings.
- 3 lb bag of frozen chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of Ranch seasoning
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Then add black beans, corn, Rotel, taco and Ranch seasonings.
- Then, I cube the cream cheese and spread the dollops around on top of the other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Then, turn off the slow cooker and let everything sit for 30-45 minutes. (I don’t always do this step!)
- Flake the chicken using two fork.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Top with shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, salsa, and any other desired toppings!
This is a recipe that is two nights of dinner for us. Sometimes, we put it on top of tortilla chips for nachos rather than on the rice. This is a easy, hearty, and pretty healthy recipe!
I hope you have a great week!