Hello and Happy Monday!
I feel like I don’t cook as much in the summer…or maybe it’s that we grill out more often in the summer months…? but…
I was digging through my recipe box last week, and stumbled upon this recipe that I hadn’t made in forever. I’m not sure where I got the recipe, but I’ve had it for years, so I thought I’d share.
- 20-25 Jumbo shell pasta, cooked
- 1- 24 oz jar of Marinara
- 2- 15 oz containers of Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of baby spinach, rough chop
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Turn on oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool under water.
- Spread most of the Marinara sauce in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the Ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into shells and place them on top of the sauce.
- Drizzle the remaining Marinara sauce on top and then sprinkle the Mozzarella on top.
- Bake, until the shells are heated through, 10-12 minutes.
- Increase heat to broil. Broil the shells until the cheese begins to brown, 2-4 minutes.
I squeezed 25 shells in the pan!
I’ve never done it, but I’m sure you could incorporate browned sausage, chicken, etc into the mix to make the shells a bit heartier with protein.
I hope this is a recipe you’ll enjoy.
Have a great week.