Y’all, it’s no secret that my love for Trader Joe’s runs deep! I put together some of my favorite ingredients with my Kroger staples and made this easy and healthy lunch that I now eat a couple times a week.
- Jasmine rice (Game changer for me. I’ve just discovered this rice and LOVE it) There are three microwaveable bags in this box.
- Sweet potato (I cut into small bites, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with TJ Chile Lime seasoning. Then I roast the bits in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes)
- Black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Feta cheese (I’ve used other cheeses before as well like shredded mozz)
- Protein (I use this short cut with Perdue Carved Chicken Breasts from Kroger and cut them into bite sized pieces) You could use steak or shrimp too, I’m sure.
- Sriracha Ranch (or a drizzle of regular Ranch would be good too) Also, I’m not a fan of spicy food, but a little bit of this goes a long way and is delish!)
- Roast the sweet potatoes.
- Cook the bag of rice in the microwave.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces. Then, I warm up the chicken and the beans in the microwave together.
- Mix rice, sweet potatoes, beans, and protein together.
- Top with Feta cheese.
- Drizzle with Sriracha Ranch.
When I make this, I can actually get about three meals out of it. So I make one serving in a bowl and divide the other ingredients into Tupperware for other meals. Then, when it’s time to enjoy those, I heat up the ingredients and top with Feta and the dressing.
What do you love from Trader Joe’s?? What are some of your go to lunches?