I was digging through my recipe box (which I don’t use very often) and stumbled upon a favorite dessert that I hadn’t made in a while. I thought it would be perfect for our Easter dessert.
Trav’s mom gave me this recipe years ago, and I think she typically uses strawberry filling. Admittedly, I’m not a big fan of fruit fillings, so I use the pudding option!
- 1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tblsp. sugar
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- 1 – 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. whipped topping
- 1 box vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 box chocolate pudding and pie filling
- **(Instead of pudding, you could use 2 cans strawberry pie filling)
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter together in a small bowl.
- Press into the bottom of a 9×13 dish.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping together (I used my hand mixer)
- Put on top of crumb mix in your dish.
- Mix the pudding (I used my hand mixer) in a small mixing bowl (**Each pudding box called for two cups of milk—but I just used two cups total)
- Put on top layer of your dish.
- After a couple of hours, I spread the remaining whipped topping on top of the layers kind of as an icing. We also had mini chocolate chips, so I sprinkled some of top of the whipped topping.
I hope this recipe is one that you’ll enjoy…It only lasted two days at our house! See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!