Hello! Rice Krispie treats are my favorite, and make me think of being a kid. Growing up, we’d sometimes make Scotcheroos, and I’d completely forgotten about them until recently.
I decided to make a batch last week, and they hit the spot!
Here’s the basic recipe:
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 6 c. Rice Krispies
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. butterscotch chips
- In a large sauce pan, melt sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a slight boil.
- Remove from heat and add in peanut butter. Stir.
- Add in Rice Krispies. I add in 3 cups, stir, and then add in the remaining 3 cups. Stir to combine.
- Put mixture in a greased 9×13 pan. Make sure to spread evenly in the pan.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine the chocolate chips and the butterscotch chips. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until they are melted and smooth. I only had to microwave for less than 2 minutes.
- Spread the melted mixture on to the Rice Krispie treats.
- I always put them in the fridge for a bit to help the topping to set.
While I can plow through a tray of regular Rice Krispie treats, these are so decadent that I can show some restraint! They are such a sweet treat, and the family approved.
What is your favorite dessert from your childhood?