Hello! Can you believe it’s almost Friday? We’ve had such beautiful weather this week that I think we skipped spring, and it feels like summer.
It’s time for my seasonal Three Things post where I fill you in about what’s going on with each of us.
- Hayden is tackling both baseball and track this spring. We knew it would be a lot to juggle but thankfully it’s worked out on the schedule (and his coaches have been sweet to work with him.) It’s been so fun to see him excel at track. Also, I can’t believe this is his 12-year-old year baseball season. He’s played since he was four, and I’m a bit “in my feelings” about closing this chapter. I’m thankful that he’s having a great season and continuing to build confidence. Baseball has always been one of my favorite sports to watch, but I know I will love watching him do whatever makes him the happiest.
- Besides reading, which is a constant hobby, Hayden goes through spurts with various interests. Lately, he’s been back to drawing and tracing which means I have more artwork on the fridge!
- Speaking of “spurts,” I think Hayden has hit a growth spurt. At his annual exam, he caught up to Hadley. He grew five inches this year. She still has a half inch on him, but he’ll catch her soon, I’m sure.
- Hadley has had an awesome track season as well. It’s been so fun to watch her improve each week. She’s run in many different events, and really enjoys the team aspect of track. Dance competition season is over, and they really ended on a high note a couple of weeks ago. Now, it’s time to focus on the dance recital. She will be in five routines, and I can’t wait to see them all. She’s also enjoyed helping a class of younger dancers during the week. It’s extra special because cousin Layla is in that class. Whether she’s running or dancing, I love watching her do what she loves with a smile on her face.
- Both kids are gearing up for our youth service at church soon. Hadley has been really involved in the youth group, and we’re looking forward to that service.
- Like Hayden, Hadley goes through phases with her hobbies. She’s back to making friendship bracelets which is so sweet. I think all middle school girls like to tie them to their water bottles and work on the bracelets when they have free time during the day.
- Travis is wrapping up a busy time of the year. The weeks leading up to Oaks and Derby are pretty hectic. He enjoys it though. He’s also been loving the fact that both kids ran track this season. It’s been fun for me to experience this season through his eyes as well.
- I’m finishing up the school year which never provides a dull moment. We’ve had testing this week, and then of course, I have plenty of students to help push to passing before the year is over. I’m also planning my school’s ESS credit recovery summer session which is just four days right after school is out. It’s still a lot of planning and work, but not as big of a commitment as last summer’s sessions were for me.
- Homer is almost three! I can’t believe he’s been in our family for almost three years. His Homer-versary is in early June.
Here’s a pic of Homer as a puppy to brighten your day 😉
So that’s a bit of what’s been going on with us! It’s almost Friday. Hang in there!