Today, I’m sharing one of our favorite fall sweet treats!I I stumbled upon this Pinterest recipe a few years ago, and now I make a point to bake these cookies at least a couple of times each fall.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 c unflavored vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 c canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger and set aside.
3. In a bowl, using a mixer, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy.
4. Mix in egg yolks one at a time. Mix in pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
5. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Scoop dough out and shape into 3 Tblsp balls. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets. (The recipe says to slightly flatten cookies, but I don’t do that.)
7. I roll them in sugar even though recipe doesn’t call for it.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 11-12 minutes.
9. Cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I take a short cut and just buy vanilla frosting. After I frost the cookie, I sprinkle it with pumpkin spice. Delish!
We are big fans of pumpkin around here…pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin sugar cookies!
See you back here tomorrow. I will be recapping one of my favorite fall activities: the pumpkin patch!