Hello! Now that it’s September, I feel like I can say, “Happy fall” (y’all!)
Fall is by far my favorite season, and with cooler temps this week, I’m embracing the start of meteorological fall.
My mom sent this to me yesterday:
Bring on all things pumpkin!
I love when people share This or That posts on Instagram, so today I’m sharing my answers to:
- Watching football or Watching holiday movies: I love football in the fall. To be honest, I love the socializing at tailgates part of football. We go to many home UK football games during the season, and we’ve been tailgating in the same spot for years. Actually, it’s the same spot Travis and his crew have tailgated at since college. It’s always so fun to see friends during the season and celebrate a CATS win. That being said, once it gets cold, I tend to stay home, and Hayden and Travis go to the games. I prefer holiday movies at Christmastime.
- Carving pumpkins or Painting pumpkins: I for sure prefer pumpkin carving. Travis and I have been carving pumpkins since we started dating (I guess because I used to carve pumpkins when I was a kid, and the tradition as lived on). Now, the kids are old enough to carve their own pumpkins which is a huge rite of passage! We didn’t do it last fall, but often times our neighbors get together and carve in someone’s front yard. The kids always have so much fun, and the parents do all the carving. 😆
- Hot chocolate or Hot tea: I’ve tried to be a tea drinker, but I’m not. I do love a hot chocolate when it’s cold, but I actually love a warm apple cider in the fall. Hadley’s the queen of drinking hot chocolate. One of her friends hosted a hot chocolate party last winter. It was so cute and a fun experience for all.
- Warm sweaters or Cozy flannels: I actually have a few cozy flannel shirts, but I love an oversized sweater.
- Haunted houses or Scary movies: Does It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown count as spooky? 😂 I definitely don’t like haunted houses, and I will watch a scary movie; it’s just not my preference.
- Pumpkin patches or Corn mazes: I’m for sure Team Pumpkin Patch. Again, it’s another tradition that we have. We’ve been taking the kids since they were babies.
Going to the orchard for apple cider (the drink and donuts!) and to pick our carving pumpkins is my most favorite tradition.
- Caramel apples or Candy corn: I do like candy corn, but much prefer it in a mix like with peanuts or mixed with cereal and M&Ms.
- Pumpkin spice or Salted caramel: I do like pumpkin spice. I get a pump of pumpkin syrup in my coffee at Starbucks, or will add pumpkin pie spice to my coffee at home with creamer.
Pumpkin pie, cookies and bread are also my favorites.
Fall is my fave. Can you tell?!
What is your favorite thing about fall?
Our temps have cooled off this week thanks to some rain, and I’m loving it. I’m sure we will have another heat wave soon, so I will enjoy this weather while I can.
See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites.