Happy Monday! How was your weekend? The weather definitely felt like fall this weekend, and I’m not mad about it. We had a busy Saturday followed by a lazy and rainy Sunday.
This month’s topic is about skincare routine. I’d say I skated through my 20’s and didn’t do much for skincare. I’ve shared before, but I don’t think I even started taking my makeup off before bed until I turned 30 or so.
Through the years, I’ve started to use products for my skin that have become part of my routine. I’ve used Rodan + Fields and have a couple friends who sell Mary Kay, so I’ve used some of those products as well. The products and routine for today’s post are my pretty regular schedule, but I do supplement with R+F and MK at times.
- I wash my face every morning with some kind of face wash. Recently, I discovered the Hydro Boost Cleansing Gel by Neutrogena, and I really love it.
- Then, I use a cotton round to apply toner. I love the rose petal toner by Thayers, and I usually order it off Amazon.
- Now, I’m not married to L’Oreal, but I use their day and night creams when not using R+F or MK. For the price point and convenience of purchasing at grocery and drug stores, it’s a good option for me to use daily.
- I’ve recently started using the L’Oreal eye cream, and it’s helped with puffiness and dark circles under my eyes. #mamaisforevertired
- I usually wash my face in the shower, and then use makeup removing wipes to get off any additional makeup I may have left on my face.
- I again use a cotton round to apply facial toner.
- Then, I sue the L’Oreal eye cream and night time moisturizer when not using other products.
For the past few years, I’ve incorporated face masks into my weekly routine.
- I love the Mary Kay Timewise Moisture Renewing Gel Mask, and I use it twice a week or so.
- Another MK fave is the Deep Cleansing Charcoal Mask. It’s usually my Sunday morning face mask.
- A few times a month, I will use the egg white mask by Skinfood. It’s a pore-refining cleanser, and helps my skin feel clean and fresh after use.
I mentioned recently that I’ve started using a jade roller in the morning. I keep this one in the fridge, and roll it on my face most mornings to help with puffiness and sinus pain.
Also, every other week or so, I try to use my steamer for a facial. My mom gave me this one for Christmas last year, and it’s been perfect to use at home.
I also do my best to drink water, and I always wear SPF…lesson learned from my younger years. I often where a hat when out in the sun, and try to find a chair with an umbrella at the pool!
Lastly, the best money I spend on myself is my monthly facial at a local medspa. I’ve been going for monthly facials for about four years. My club package includes one of the following each month: microdemabrasion, chemical peel, express facial, or dermaplane.
Each month, I usually double up and do two treatments (like a dermaplane and facial) or one treatment and an eye brow wax. Dermaplane has officially become my favorite treatment…#girlshaveyourface
I so look forward to my monthly appointments, and trust my esthetician Lauren with whatever she thinks I need each month. After each appointment, I always ask her, “Do I look 35 again?” 😂I’m not over here trying to be 22…just trying to keep my 40 year old face looking fresh. Those monthly appointments feel like part luxury, part therapy, and part necessity. Sometimes I feel guilty with that monthly splurge, but I also know how important it is to keep your skin healthy…and I’m just trying to age gracefully 😉
So that’s just a bit of my of my skincare routine. What do you do for your daily, weekly, monthly routines? Don’t forget to check out the other ladies’ posts!
Next month’s topics is: getting crafty!
Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you have a great week!