Hello and Happy Monday! How was your weekend? The weather in Kentucky was gorgeous! As with the past few weekends, we had a good mix of productivity and relaxation…and we tried to spend lots of time outside before the summer temps arrive!
The world feels pretty heavy right now, so fresh air and sunshine provided some sense of comfort.
Here’s our Weekend Top 5:
Hayden got a haircut and lots of snuggle time with Homer.
The kids enjoyed the Slip N Slide…and have the bumps and bruises to prove it!
Saturday afternoon we celebrated cousin Layla turning 3. They had an ice cream party for her. It turned out really cute and the weather was amazing! My kids had at least two cups of ice cream and two of the delicious cookies!
Sunday morning, we went to The Stave, an outside restaurant just past Versailles in Frankfort, KY, which was our first time eating at a restaurant since early March. Travis had been there before for lunch, and we ordered brunch this time.
The restaurant is near Woodford Reserve Distillery. There were plenty of picnic tables all spaced out and then a “tree house” with seating of spaced out tables and chairs. We had ordered ahead and sat at a picnic table by the creek to enjoy our food. Travis and the kids shared biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs, and potatoes. I ordered the local chorizo hash. We all enjoyed our food.
Again, it was our first time actually eating at a restaurant in many months, and I was impressed. Of course, the servers wore masks, the tables we spread apart, and you could even purchase a plastic table cloth for $1 for the picnic tables if you wanted to. We enjoyed the weather, the kids threw rocks in the creek, and we took our time eating our meal. It was a great way to start our Sunday.
I’ve seen Christine share about her very indulgent brownie recipe on her Instagram stories. Hadley helped me make it yesterday for our Sunday dessert.
- Brownie mix (+ingredients needed for the mix)
- Double Stuf Oreos
- Chocolate chip cookie dough
- Spray the bottom and sides of an 8×8 pan.
- Press cookie dough down for the bottom layer.
- Place Oreos in rows to fill the pan.
- Fix brownie mix per the instructions on the box and pour over the Oreos.
- Bake at 350 per box instructions for 8×8 pan (I think mine baked a little over 50 minutes!)
- Definitely let it cool as long as possible before cutting into it. We baked it in the afternoon & didn’t eat it until after dinner, so it had perfectly set up.
Finished product! Delish.
So that’s what we were up to this weekend! Now, we are ready to tackle the first official week of summer!
I hope you have a great week!