Hello! How was your weekend? Like the past few weekends, we had a good mix of productivity and laziness. The weekend weather felt like a glimpse of summer, for sure!
I was looking through my recipe box, which I don’t do very often, and I stumbled upon a meal I hadn’t made in awhile. It’s so easy, delicious, and a family favorite.
- 6 boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped onion (about half a small onion…or more if you prefer!)
- 1 jar Marinara sauce
- 0rzo pasta
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the onions over the top of the pork chops.
- Pour Marinara sauce over the pork chops and onions.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- When ready to eat, cook Orzo pasta according to package directions.
- Place pasta on plate (or in bowl), the scoop out desired amount of pork chops and sauce. (*Note- meat is so tender that it will fall apart.)
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese (and some chopped fresh basil if you have some)
I’d forgotten how easy and delicious this dinner is! We even had leftovers the next night!
We have one more full week of distance learning! #praisehands So…I’m go get my mind right for this week!
Thanks for reading!