Last week, I was talking to my Gma on the phone, and she mentioned an easy peanut butter cookie recipe. The next day, as I was digging through my recipe card box, way in the back, I found a recipe that I had for “Magical Peanut Butter Cookies.” Like her recipe, it only had four ingredients! The kids and I made these on Tuesday, and they were so good.
- 1 c. peanut creamy peanut butter
- 1 c. sugar (I believe the recipe my Gma had seen used brown sugar; I used white granulated sugar) **You’ll need a bit more sugar for the tops of the cookies.
- 1 egg (Make sure you have two small people who will fight over cracking the one egg…)<insert eye roll>
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Grease large baking sheet (we ended up using two cookie sheets)
- In mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Stir well with spoon.
- Roll dough into balls (walnut size) and place balls of dough on the baking sheet.
- With a fork, criss cross the tops of the cookies.
- Sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with a bit more sugar.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
Guess how long our 20 cookies lasted?!? Ugh. Quarantine 15 may be a real thing!
See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites.