Happy Monday! I thought I’d start the week off sharing one of my family’s favorite meals. I got this recipe off a Kroger coupon pack years ago. It’s super simple and delicious.
- 1 package (20 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup jarred Alfredo sauce
- 2 Tblsp Buffalo-style sauce (I actually use a little less because I’m not a huge fan of super spicy)
- *4 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded) (safe internal temp 165 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, divided
- *For a few years, I’ve used Shay’s tip for perfect chicken (Poach chicken in slow cooker by covering chicken with water (usually 6 c) and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours) Then, I just pull the chicken out of slow cooker and it easily shreds.
- In a medium stockpot, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
- Return pasta to pot. Add Alfredo and Buffalo sauces, chicken, 1/4 c Parmesan and white parts of scallion. Toss; add reserved pasta water and toss again, cooking until heated through.
- Divide between four bowls; garnish with scallion greens and remaining 1/4 c Parmesan. Serve immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.
Easy. Delish. Enjoy!
Have a great week.
Facebook Page: Show Me and Sweet Tea