Happy Monday! As we close out this year, I thought I’d share two more family favorite recipes that I’ve made recently. I made my Dad’s Lasagna when my brother and his family came over for a pre-Christmas get together. I made my mom’s Twice Baked Potato Casserole as a side dish for Christmas dinner to go with ham and green bean casserole. Both are easy and delish, so I thought I’d share.
- 1.3 lb ground beef
- 24 oz Cottage Cheese
- 20 oz Parmesan Cheese (I use half grated and half shredded)
- 16 oz shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Oven Ready Lasagna
- Dried chopped onions
- Minced garlic
- 2 jars Spaghetti Sauce
Simply make three layers in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Ground beef
- Dollops of cottage cheese
- Shake dried onions and garlic flakes on top
- Sprinkle all the cheeses
- Repeat and end with sauce on top
- Bake 25 minutes covered with tin foil at 350 degrees and then 15 minute uncovered
Mom’s Twice Baked Potato Casserole
I’m not sure where my mom got this recipe, but she shared it with me a couple of years ago; it’s a nice twist on regular twice baked potatoes that are a little bit more labor intensive.
- 7 medium red potatoes (I had 12-15 smaller ones this last time which worked out fine)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 cups sour cream (I use way less…as I’m not a big fan of sour cream)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 green onions sliced
- Bake cut potatoes for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add other ingredients:
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and bacon.
- Dollop (or spread) sour cream and sprinkle cheeses
- Top with sliced green onions
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
You could bake in smaller dish and layer ingredients, but I’ve always just spread everything out in the bigger baking dish.
I hope you enjoy these recipes and your Monday!
Facebook Page: Show Me and Sweet Tea