Happy Wednesday! Just a little post about life lately.
- I’m one of those weirdos who loves the “fall back” daylight savings time. It’s always an adjustment for all of us even with the gaining an extra hour in our favor, but I like that evening time seems to start sooner and we get a bit of daylight in the morning to get everyone out the door.
- I’ve made multiple batches of pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins from the Trader Joe’s mix…I’ve even frozen some of what I’ve baked….but on Sunday, I made my first pumpkin pie of the season. It was so good, and definitely is a family favorite.
- Homer is a hot mess. I love him, but he’s like having ten toddlers sometimes. On Saturday, Hadley let Homer in from the backyard and asked me if I’d seen his collar. Well, I found it…in three pieces in the backyard. I’m assuming it was too loose (which makes me nervous as I hope he didn’t get stuck on something), but the three parts were also chewed on, so I’m assuming that was his doing. Later, when it was time to trick-or-treat, I put his harness on him and then the leash…only to realize he had chewed through his red nylon leash. Instead of my #WeHeartHomer hashtag, I feel like #HotMessHomer should be trending.
- Hayden started his indoor soccer season on Sunday. They had an exciting victory over a really good team. I love watching indoor soccer since it’s fast paced and the clock doesn’t stop! haha.
- We had a day off yesterday for Election Day. I love that the kids come with me to vote. I’m trying to instill in them the importance of exercising their civic duties.
- I love a good cookie cake, so that’s what we usually get for birthdays (and Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc). I used to just get one from the grocery store, but a couple of years ago some friends mentioned the Great American Cookie cookie cakes, and I haven’t looked back. Monday night, the kids chose their cakes for their party this weekend.
- Then…we stopped by Party City to pick out balloons and pick up party supplies. I lost Hadley for a minute…but then I found her!
- I started a new book on Sunday: The Affair by Colette Freedman, and I’m really enjoying it.
- With barely a break in activities, basketball has started up for both kids and Hadley is doing club cross country. I really wish there was a safe Uber option for kids…oh wait–I think that’s me!
That’s just a little peek into our Life…Lately.
I hope you are having a great week.
Facebook: Show Me and Sweet Tea