Fun Fact: When my brother moved to Kentucky in 2009, he lived with us for about six months. As a matter of fact, he moved in right when the kids were born and before Hadley even came home from the NICU. Let’s just say it was probably a shock to his 25 year old self to live in a house with his hormonal sister as I figured out how to parent newborn twins. He helped as he could burping a baby or two as well as counting down the time when Hadley’s colic would go away. Over Hadley’s screams, he once said, “Uh…the doctor said she should be better by the time she’s six months, right?” #shewasfourmonthsold haha.
After he moved out, he’d come over often and one time he made this stuffed peppers recipe. I have no clue where he got it, but the kids love it and request it now for dinner. #fullcirclemoment
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 1/2 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 1/2 c. chopped red pepper
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 block of cream cheese
- 1-2 c. bread crumbs
- Saute chopped veggies in skillet with olive oil.
- When veggies are softened, add garlic.
- Then, add sausage.
- When sausage is cooked, add cubed cream cheese and mix well.
- Let cool (I never have time for that step) and add bread crumbs.
- Stuff peppers and wrap in foil.
- **side note, there’s usually some mixture left, and I’ve eaten it as a dip with tortilla chips…so good!
Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes (but I usually let them cook for closer to 25 minutes so they are softer).
Connor’s the type of brother who (still?) let me boss him around, sends me a pic of himself in front of the Golden Girls house, wears a goofy Christmas sweater (he’d want me to let you know the sweater was a joke), and is now a great dad to his two kids. And, he’s the funniest person I know…(Which makes my dad huff and puff because he wants to hold that title 😂)
While Connor probably aged a five years in the six months he lived with us, he got a crash course in adulthood #youarewelcomeConnor, and I got this awesome recipe!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Have a great Monday,
Facebook Page: Show Me and Sweet Tea