Hands down the recipe I make the most in the fall and the winter is this recipe from Shay . It’s so easy and delicious and we usually get two dinners out of it (or a dinner + a couple of lunches for me!)
The recipe is in her Simmers cookbook. If you don’t have this cookbook, you are missing out. I purchased it on Amazon a couple of years ago, and I use it at least once a week to cook dinner in the slow cooker.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can ranch-style beans (This, to me, is the key ingredient!)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- Monterey Jack cheese for garnish, shredded
- Green onions for garnish, chopped
- In the slow cooker, layer the chicken, tomatoes, beans, taco seasoning, and cream of chicken soup.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- About 20 minutes before you’re ready to serve, remove the lid, shred chicken (I use two forks to do so) and stir in the corn.
- Replace the lid and heat until the corn is hot.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with cheese and green onions.
I mentioned above, but to me, the ranch-style beans are key. I was always able to find them at Kroger until last fall/winter….so I barely made this recipe last year. Then, the beans were back at Kroger this year (maybe Kroger reads my comments/complaints in my weekly Kroger survey ;)) and now I buy them a few cans at a time because I’m afraid they won’t have them anymore!
Anyway, this is a recipe my entire family loves. It takes 3 minutes to put everything in the slow cooker in the morning, and then dinner is ready when you get home.
I hope you enjoy.
Don’t forget to check out my first post for today. Monday Memes.
Have a great Monday!
Facebook Page: Show Me and Sweet Tea