Hello and Happy Monday! How was your weekend? We had a good one. Hayden had a basketball game Friday night. On Saturday, I had lunch out with a couple friends and then got a massage; yesterday, we went to church. We ended the weekend cheering for our KC Chiefs. I think Hayden’s blood pressure may still be off the charts! 😆 We were very excited for the win. Now, today is a bonus day off!
It’s been a minute since I’ve shared a recipe (or two) that my family loves, so that’s what I’m doing today. Again, I don’t really create recipes; I’m just really good at following directions.
One of my kids’ favorite dinners is Sloppy Joes.
Fun fact: Growing up, we had a big fish tank in our living room with a few fish. We named our two Oscar fish “Sloppy” and “Joe,” because that’s what we were eating for dinner the day we got them!
Of course, the recipe on the can is easy enough, but after I bought Shay’s Simmers cookbook, I started using her recipe, and we all love it. I’m team “dinner in the slow cooker” as much as possible. I think my favorite part of her recipe is the yellow mustard.
Then, Andrea shared her Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cup recipe, and now that recipe is a staple at our house too.
Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can Sloppy Joe sauce
- I can biscuits
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- I turn the biscuits on their side and cut them in half, so they are thinner, and then put them into a lightly greased muffin tin. (The first time I made them and didn’t grease the pan, they seemed to stick!)
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- Add in the sauce and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Then, I spoon a bit of the beef sauce into each biscuit and top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- I bake them for about 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Also for dinner this week:
Here’s our dinner menu this week:
- Sunday: Taco soup (I will share the recipe soon)
- Monday: Baked chicken thighs, Bob Evans mashed potatoes, fruit
- Tuesday: Leftover chicken, bagged Caesar salad
- Wednesday: Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna, roasted broccoli
- Thursday: Leftover lasagna and green beans
- Friday and Saturday: take out, I’m sure!
I love these two Sloppy Joe recipes that are a spin on a classic! What are you having for dinner this week?